HomeServe is committed to developing and implementing a successful Corporate Responsibility programme that benefits key stakeholders and utilises HomeServe’s core skills to make a sustainable difference to its communities. We believe that a successful business must also be a responsible business.
We aim to:
- Build enduring relationships with key stakeholders, including our customers, partners and the community.
- Value our employees.
- Respect the environment.
- Use our core skills to give something back to the communities we operate in.
- Achieve sustainable profits for our shareholders.
Our business is centred on providing emergency services to people in their homes and our corporate responsibility objectives support this.
Our key focus is around the following four areas:
- Implement ethical, sustainable and responsible principles throughout the supply chain.
- Identify future risks and opportunities and ensure the customer is at the centre of our business decisions.
- Treat customers fairly throughout the customer experience; living and breathing HomeServe’s customer charter.
- Embed customer focused values and behaviours within our business operations.
- Hire, develop and retain talent to ensure our customers enjoy a consistently good experience in the event of a home emergency.
- Provide a safe, healthy and inclusive environment for our people.
- Use our core skills to give something back to the community, specifically in people’s homes.
- Support more vulnerable members of the community by helping them in their homes.
- Develop partnerships with charitable and other organisations which are closely aligned to our business activities and therefore maximise our contribution.
- Support and encourage employee involvement in charitable giving and volunteering, using relevant employee skills to support the community.
- Reduce our carbon emissions per employee.
- Use resources efficiently.
- Support and educate customers and employees to reduce emissions, specifically in their homes.
These Corporate Responsibility principles are part of the way we operate on a daily basis and reflect in the way we deal with customers, employees, partners and the community.