Managing your shares

What is HomeServe's registered address?

HomeServe plc
Cable Drive
West Midlands

Where should I direct questions about my shares?

You should contact Computershare on 0370 707 1053.
Computershare plc
PO Box 82, The Pavilions, Bridgwater Road
Bristol, BS99 7NH
(t) 0370 707 1053

Who do I notify if I have changed my name or address?

You should notify Computershare in writing or complete a change of address form online (

How do I find out how many shares I own in HomeServe?

You can view your shareholding online at by following the links to the Investor Centre. You will need your SRN (found on your certificate) and postcode to view these details. Alternatively you can contact Computershare by post, email or telephone.

Can I transfer my HomeServe shares to someone else?

Yes, you can. You will need to complete a share transfer form (available from Computershare) and submit it, along with your share certificate to Computershare. Computershare will be able to help you with any queries on this on 0370 707 1053.

Is stamp duty payable on the share transfer?

This depends on the nature of the transaction. Stamp duty is not normally payable if shares are transferred as a gift (no money changes hand). Guidelines about stamp duty are set out on the back of the share transfer form. If you require further assistance please contact HM Revenue & Customs Stamp Duty Office.

Do I have to pay stamp duty if I sell my shares?

Your bank or broker will be able to advise on this. The rate of stamp duty on sales is usually 0.5%.

How do I sell my shares or buy more?

Some high street banks provide facilities for buying and selling shares or you can contact a stockbroker. Computershare, the Company's Registrars have a share dealing service which you can contact on 0370 703 0084. Stocktrade also provide a dealing service which can be used by HomeServe shareholders - the telephone number is 0845 601 0995 (quoting reference LOW CO 0193).

What happens if a shareholder dies?

Please send Computershare either the original or a certified copy of the death certificate. They will then provide detailed notes on the procedure for transferring shares.

I am receiving two sets of HomeServe communications - can I stop this?

This may mean that you have shares registered in two accounts with slightly different details. Sometimes, if shares are purchased at different times, the registration details given to Computershare might differ slightly on each occasion (e.g. Paul A. Smith or Paul Smith). This can result in them opening two shareholder accounts. This in turn leads to a dividend cheque being issued in respect of each of the accounts each time a dividend is paid and in the duplication of other shareholder communications. If your shareholding is duplicated in this way, please contact Computershare.

My share documentation has been stolen. What do I do?

If you lose your share certificate, or it has been stolen, you should inform Computershare immediately. A record of the lost share certificate will be made to prevent it being used and a letter of indemnity will be sent to you to sign. This is to protect HomeServe from the possible misuse of your certificate while it is not in your possession. A replacement share certificate will then be sent to you. There is a charge for this service, so we advise you to keep your share certificate in a safe and secure place.

How can I find out how much I paid for my shares?

This information would be on the original contract note issued when you purchased the shares. You can check mid market closing prices for HomeServe shares on any chosen date on this website in the share price section.

Where do I find information regarding the tax implications of a sale or other transfer of my shares?

For information regarding the tax implications of share ownership, please consult your tax adviser or accountant. Alternatively, visit

How can I correct the spelling of my name on the register?

You should contact Computershare on 0370 707 1053