Across the HomeServe Group, we are committed to building a fair, inclusive and diverse culture.
We are committed to building a fair, inclusive and diverse culture across our business.
Challenges remain around the comparatively low number of women in engineer and technical roles, and senior leadership roles.
Our goal is 33% representation on a combined basis across Board, Executive and their direct reports. HomeServe continues to deliver positive change through recruitment, talent development and promotion.
- increase in female representation in the Group Executive and Direct Reports population, from 26.2% in 2019 to 30.4% in 2020
- new tools and guidance for senior hiring, to remove unconscious bias and increase diversity
- greater flexibility in work patterns and base locations, which supports greater diversity in our candidate pool
- mentoring schemes for women in leadership roles with 50/50 nominations for our global talent programmes
- new mentoring programme in Checkatrade which has seen much higher take-up rates among female employees
- continued focus on initiatives such as “women in technology”, and our “women in tech” micro-site
Ongoing work delivered through our Diversity and Inclusion Council continues to engage employees with diversity initiatives and raise awareness through promotion of events such as International Women’s Day.